Alien vs. Predator 2

When a friend of mine heard that I went to this movie he responded by questioning my sanity which is rather appropriate to say the least and I don't blame him a bit. In fact, I kinda expected it. Let me tell you why…

Hmm.. Where do I begin. Let’s start with the fact that this movie has a new creature, a mixture of an alien and predator which I call the Predalien. The thing is, they didn’t even bother to explain how the alien got inside the predator’s body. Out of sudden, the predator became a new hybrid and crashed their spaceship on earth. And this Predalien went aroud town doing what they do best, procreating.

What disappoint me the most is that there was only one Predator chasing the aliens through the entire movie. His friend called out for help by signaling their headquarters before he died and only one guy showed up. What’s up with the Rambo wanna be attitude, huh? I wanted to watch some cool Predator's actions instead I was stucked with one Predator running around trying to kill the Aliens while the human screaming their heads off. It was so freaking annoying!

And I don’t remember the first Alien vs. Predator being filled with clichés. But this one is like the mother of all cliché movies! It was like the Strause Brothers pulled out the Cliché encyclopedia or something and make the movie based on that. Incase you’re wondering, here, some points from the Cliché encyclopedia that they practice in the movie:

#1 Always have the token black kid. This kid shall join the jocks and will be the first among the jocks to die.

#2 All dangerous looking guys must always be seen wearing a black leather jacket.

#3 The movie hero must be a former black sheep of the town. Now that he’s reformed, he must be the sheriff’s buddy and well trusted by all towns’ folks.

#4 Young Blondie must die a horrible death while screaming hysterically down the hall.

#5 Machine guns can’t kill Alien. But a 9mm will.

#6 Someone from the army will know everything, down right from firing a gun, driving a tank and flying a chopper.

#7 The hero will have no problem operating a gun from outer space without a manual.

#8 The hero will always flirts with the nearest middle aged woman, never mind that her husband was just being eaten by an alien.

#9 The middle aged woman will flirts back, never mind that her husband was just being eaten by the alien.

#10 They will survive the chopper crash without so much of a scratch.

Personally, I think Alien vs. Predator 2 came out as nothing more than just a pathetic slasher-like movie with guns. If anything, it looked like a low budget movie.

Therefore, I want you to repeat after me. Tha…moo…vee…is…bad! And I here by give Alien vs. Predator 2 only 1 star.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

add my blog...

BuSiNeSS @ JaNaDuiT
http://cempedak88.blogspot.com/

Haiku Poems said...

Very good movie.I saw it several times.
Haiku

Sharon said...

This movie was better than the first movie as it contained more action, even though it was on the dark side. If you like the first you will enjoy this even more!!!


Movie & Book Reviews

predator said...

When I saw Predator, I was really amazed with the idea, and the special effects used.

elpi said...

Actually this is not the 2nd sequel of this movie.This is just another movie that merging of 2 movie which is the alien and predator The second sequel of this movie was Predators 2 directed by Nimród Antal