Knocked Up

This is a gentle reminder about those party animals out there. One night stand could haunt your entire life. Having said that, let’s talk about the movie.

Obviously, Knocked Up is about Katherine Heigl playing Alison Scott got.. well, knocked up! And in this movie we get to see how it being knocked up affected her life and how she dealt with it. Ok, I would like to stop using the word ‘knocked up’ now.

The strength in this movie doesn’t lie in the story line. It’s in it comedy and humours. The storyline is average although they do have a good concept. And I liked the way they showed how men and women think about each other in a relationship. Not to mention that they showed it in a light and humorous way. And I kept laughing all the way till the end.

Katherine Heigl paired up with Seth Rogen seems like a ridiculous looking pair, right? It’s like beauty and the beast. I guess, it was kinda the whole point. But at the end of the day, they pulled it off and they do look like they compliment each other. Watch the movie, and then you’ll know what I mean.

If romantic movie isn’t your kind of thing, worry not, my friend. The jokes could overcome all the cheesiness in it. In fact, the jokes made the cheesy moments worth while. Word on the street is, people tend to compare this movie with the 40 year old virgin. I don’t really get why. Well, of course it was directed by the same person, still, these movies are entirely opposites. But for what it worth, I like this one better that the 40 year old virgin.

I had fun watching this movie however, it isn’t that memorable. I may laugh while watching it but it’s not one of those that kept you smiling after you walked out of the movie theatre. And because of that, I’m giving this movie 2.5 stars out of 5.

No comments: