American Gangster

Before this movie got out, I never even heard about Frank Lucas. Honestly, I never thought that a black guy could become so efficient in crime. Most of them are too busy shooting at each other just because they live in a different street name. Can’t seem to kill people for a proper reason let alone running an organized crime. So, when I saw the American Gangster movie trailer, I was so surprise. I thought, “For real? A black mafia?”

But then when you hear the word mafia the things that come to mind will be the Italians or the Russians, right? I suppose, that’s why the word ‘gangster’ is more appropriate for Frank Lucas and this movie. A super cool gangster, I might add. And this is what the movie is about, a black guy name Frank Lucas, the American Gangster.

I liked the way this movie showed how Frank Lucas changed his life from being a driver to a very successful dope supplier. They showed us what kind of man Frank Lucas is and what he did in order to be on top. How he doesn’t take any bullshit from anybody and how strict he is. The best part is when he stressed the importance of dressing right and not to be too showy so that people won’t start to raise an eyebrow and wonder who you are. That’s just the best advice there is!

American Gangster is a cool movie and did a great job teleporting the audiences to the 70’s. Plus, from this movie you could almost see how the real Frank Lucas is especially when he’s mad or when he started with that “My man…” tone. The thing is, he’s like a lose cannon. One minute he’s all warm and loving, and another minute he turns to be this cold blooded soul that no one would ever dare to mess with. My point is Denzel Washington without a doubt conquered his character very well.

So, if you’re looking for the Harlem version of Godfather, this is it. Hundred percent quality gangster movie showing you the rise and fall of a powerful mob leader. Lots of bribery, dirty cops, dopes, shooting and… ah yes, nude chicks! Therefore, my man… I give American Gangster 4 stars out of 5.

2 comments:

Haiku Poems said...

can u give me the promo of this movie?
Haiku poetry

elpi said...

One of the most intelligent gangster movies i ever seen.